Thursday, August 2, 2007

Blonde moments and some insights...

I had a blonde moment today ( sorry for being politically incorrect)....on my way to office. I saw my colleague walking on the pavement, close to office and offered to drop her by slowing down the bike and what she said to me quite baffled me...so i carried on without thinking twice....

I actually heard her say " I am waiting for my chopper ( heli-copter) "...where as she meant " I am actually waiting for my cobbler".... ( her shoe was broken)....

This very blonde moment demonstrated how what is said is not so important....but how one hears it..... what really changes when the message is not interpreted as it is delivered....a big big lesson for a PR guy - that too early in the morning :) I wasnt the one to miss that one.....

Just think of how much we hear and dont listen.....how much we hear our partner ( or spouse) complain about so many things; but we dont care to actively LISTEN and get an insight into what is ACTUALLY bothering him/ her..... How much we hear clients scream at us...or complain and dont do much to LISTEN carefully ...and get some insights into the problem

This woke me up....and i promised myself to listen more actively to what is being said and never to assume anything.....

If one wants to conduct business smoothly and have caring relationships; one has to have the patience to actively and lovingly listen.... one big lesson from a "blonde" moment today

No comments: